Monday, July 18, 2011

The Most Enjoyable Things About Family Vacations

Josh and Camille playing in bed
with dad.
We just came back from a long road trip to the Nort East coast of the United States. It was a great experience in many ways.

  • It served to unify us as a family as we had to spend 100% of the time together.
  • It helped us learn more about working hard and working together to accomplish a mutual objective.
  • We learned about the founding of our country and the sacrifices untold thousands made to make our country what it is.
  • We learned about patience and delayed gratification.
  • We had the chance to reconnect with family and old friends.

The list goes on. But of everything I truly enjoyed, here is my top list:

  • Wrestling with Camille and Joshua in bed as they tried to wake me up.
  • Boxing and wrestling with Joshua in a real wrestling mat (pictured above).
  • Biking with my older boys early in the morning and working out with them.
  • Singing to our favorite songs while we drove.
  • Seeing my children laugh as they ran around a water fountain getting wet (for free!).

Helaman and Luke during one of our
morning bike rides
The interesting thing is that all of those things are things I can enjoy any time without having to be on vacation or in a particular place. We will go on more trips for sure. But in between I will continue to enjoy the everyday things every day.

I think they enjoy them too!

2 comments:

  1. I love vacations. Then there is the vacation from the vacation. But the family time is well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this one in particular was not very relaxing as we were very busy every day, but you are right, it was well worth the effort. Hope your summer is going well.

    ReplyDelete