Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He's Just a Dad

Recently, after another successful week of working with a client from out of town, I felt great about the work we had done. The client was happy and I felt gratified about the work! The next day, Saturday, I took my two youngest children to the playground. We had a great time and they were oblivious to the fact that, to my clients, I am the guy who helps them solve messy problems. To my children, I'm just their dad.

It reminded me of another dad I know. After attending a high profile event where he received the accolades of many important people, he returned home to help with the laundry, comfort children, and play with them. His wife was ready to get his help. His children were ready to have their dad back! For them as for my children, he was just their dad, the most important man in the world for them.

So if your children don't appreciate all the awesome things you do outside the home, and just treat you as their dad, take it as a compliment. Dad is the most important man in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment