Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Been One Year!!

One a year ago exactly (it's leap year!) I started this blog. The blog itself is widely read in many countries (but mostly in the U.S.) and I believe it's reaching people I would not have imagined would read this blog. Last August the Spanish version of the blog went live and has become more widely and frequently read than the English version, something which I didn't anticipate. Though it takes twice as long to publish in both languages, I intend to keep doing it.

To celebrate, I'd like to recommend the all-time five most popular English version posts of the last year.
  1. Father's Profiles: Karl Hawes - this was such great story and he gives great advice. Highly recommend this post.
  2. Should I Stay or Should I go? It's a Choice! - I know this one created discomfort and much thinking. This is one of the posts that has created the most comments (mostly on the LinkedIn groups where I posted the article. 
  3. And They Cheered On... - account of my first 25K. I'm getting ready for another one!
  4. Top 10 Things I Wish I'd Known as a Young Dad - this was one of my very first posts. One of these days I'll write the sequel...10 Things I Wish I'd Known as a Dad of Teenagers! If you have any good ideas here, I'm all ears!
  5. My Father's Day - an birthday homage to my own father whom I admire and love for being the best dad for me!
It's been fun, interesting, and most of all, I think writing has probably helped me the most. Comments are few (I know that blogger makes it hard to leave comments) and subscribers even fewer but I have heard from readers via email telling me they appreciate the content. I am grateful for those that read this blog even if it's only occasionally. I hope it helps someone out there. So if you wouldn't mind, please take 10 seconds and leave a comment and tell me what you think and how to make this blog better. Look forward to another year of being and improving as a dad!

Take care of what matters most!

-Marcelino

No comments:

Post a Comment