Sunday, May 8, 2011

To the Mothers In My Life

Some years ago President Gordon B. Hinckley gave a wonderful talk titled To The Women of the Church and the following year he paid special tribute to his beloved wife Marjorie in his tender message The Women in Our Lives. Following the example of this gentle giant of a man, I dedicate this post to the mothers in my life.

My Mother
She molded me into who I am today by believing in me when I could not. By cheering me on when I would not. She showed me unconditional love, and today she is still a beacon of hope, a ray of light, a source of wisdom, and a fountain of love. She gave me life and she showed me how to enjoy it and how to be happy.

My Mother-In-Law
She raised and prepared a little girl into a virtuous and beautiful bride, my dear wife and partner in this life. She welcomed me into her family with open arms. She is wise, sensible, and a joy to be around. She too is my mom!

My Sisters and Sisters-in-law
They are amazing women, all five of them. In their own way, they are all raising magnificent children and I have learned to be a better father because of them. They make me laugh, they are some of my best friends!

My "Sisters-in-law-in-law" (these are married to my brothers-in-law)
We are all outlaws (as our in-laws like to say!), but we are a good bunch. They are wonderful mothers, wives, and great friends.

My Wonderful Wife
Last but definitely most important, my dear and wonderful wife. She is the joy of my life and the reason for my happiness. She makes life worth living. She gives me inspiration to dream.  She gives me the courage to reach and try. And the strength to continue on. Because of her I am the happiest husband and father I could be.

On this day, I am grateful to the Lord for the mothers in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment