Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The father in me...

As a teenager I was blessed to grow up with a little brother 10 years my younger. I loved him dearly (still do though he's not so little now!) and hanging out with him made me appreciate and want to have the role of father some day. Years later as my wife and I were expecting our first child, I found myself on my knees pleading with God to guide me because I felt so inadequate to begin my role as a father. Sixteen years and five children later, I still find myself every day on my knees pleading for the Lord's help as I try to be a good father and husband.

As strange as it sounds, every now and then, people, especially younger fathers, will ask me for advice. I'm not the advice giving type but I'm always eager to help a brother asking for help. While I have learned a great deal about fatherhood (mostly what not to do, like goo gooing with your baby while holding him above your head with his little chubby face down looking at you right after nursing!), I am learning every day and suspect will be in this mode until the day I pass onto the next life. I cherish my role as a father, I have a conviction about the importance of this sacred responsibility. So, this blog is really meant to benefit both readers as well as writers alike. I will invite special guests to contribute regularly to keep the perspective fresh, diverse, and interesting.

My goal is not to reach the masses but the one. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment