Saturday, September 3, 2011

That's the Way to Watch a Movie

Camille and I watching a movie
I guess it is unusual (for some at least) that we don't have TV service,  or cable, or dish. Never have, probably never will. But we do enjoy watching movies as a family (thank you Netflix, Hulu, and Redbox!).

Yes, the kids watch movies on their own (pre-selected of course!) but whenever I'm around, Camille always asks me to sit next to her and watch the movie with her.

You see, for her, watching a movie just isn't the same if dad is not next to her hugging her and cuddling. And I'm happy to confess...I don't mind it one bit! In fact, I love it!!

So, I usually have Camille on one side, Josh on the other. But particularly for my little girl, that is what makes the movie watching experience even better, dad sitting next to her, all cozy. To that add popcorn and twizzlers. Now, that's the way to watch a movie!

Of course, I like a good movie, but to me it's more than just entertainment, it's a way to connect and to bond, a way to say 'I love you my little girl!'

Favorite movies? Hmmm, here are a few...
Jakob the Liar
Fiddler on the Roof
Sound of Music
Elf
Nacho Libre
Life is beautiful
Remember the Titans
Letters to God
Tangled
Home Alone
Toy Story 3
Sister Act
G-Force
Radio
National Treasure (both of them)
Close Encouters
E.T.
Rocky (all of them)
Forever Strong
The Karate Kid (all of them, including the newest one)
Zorro
The Princess Bride
...

Too many to list!

No comments:

Post a Comment